SOCW 6520: Social Work Field Education III
The Role of the Intern
Resources please use the reading that I have provided to you. Please note that this is a master of social work. Please check the grammar.
Metro Atlanta Children’s Services
2302 Parklake Drive NE, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30345
Brief Description of Agency-GA Mentor is a therapeutic foster care agency that provides therapeutic foster care services to youth between the ages of 0-18. We offer evidence-informed training to foster parents to provide quality homes for foster children. Services offered to children include 24 hours of home-based monitoring, therapeutic intervention, and access to community-based services, life skill development, and medication management oversight. GA Mentor ensures that the educational, mental health, physical health, and overall well-being needs of all children in our program are met.
2. I will be completing the following tasks:
-Completion of Risk Assessments and Crisis Assessment to determine the level of the client’s needs and services
-Demonstrate her ability to apply Family-Centered Practice, Systems Theory, and Strengths Perspective when assessing the challenges of the family
-Develop and implement Treatment Plans for client
-Train and develop foster parents in providing therapeutic foster care to foster care children
-Evaluate state and Federal Policies in Child Welfare
-Demonstrate her ability to link the family to resources with consideration to the family’s culture, social-economic status, etc.
• Birkenmaier, J., & Berg-Weger, M. (2018). The practicum companion for social work: Integrating class and fieldwork (4th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
o Chapter 3, “Safety in Social Work Settings” (pp. 63-77)
• National Association of Social Workers, Massachusetts Chapter. (n.d.). Creating a climate of safety. Retrieved from http://www.naswma.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlen br=51.
• Regehr, C., & Glancy, G. D. (2011). When social workers are stalked: Risks, strategies, and legal protections. Clinical Social Work Journal, 39(3), 232–242.
• Laureate Education (Producer). (2013i). Safety planning
[Audio file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Week 3 Blog
Refer to the topics covered in this week’s resources and incorporate them into your blog.
• A description of your personal safety plan for your field education experience (explain when parked at a home, where to sit when in a home if you have to exit amd more)
• An explanation of how your personal safety plan might differ from your agency safety plan during your field education experience
Be sure to support your blog posts with specific references to this week’s resources and provide full APA citations for your references. For more information about posting your blog assignment, click on the Field Education Blogs link on the course navigation menu.
Leave a reply