The purpose of this paper is to help you critically evaluate nursing theory. This Assignment will be completed using the three stages of the evaluation process.
- Select one nursing theory (grand, middle range theory) that best suits your area of practice.
- Discuss your rationale for selecting that theory over the other nursing theories.
- Use Chinn and Kramer (2014) components of theory description:
- Use McEwen and Wills (2014) criteria for theory analysis:
- Theory’s origin
- Unique focus
- Use McEwen and Wills (2014) criteria for theory evaluation:
- Comprehensiveness of the content
- Logical congruence (consistency & Clarity)
- Contribution to nursing
- Concluding statements summarize the content.
Paper should be 5 pages in length, excluding the title and references pages.
Please be sure to support your paper using 5 peer-reviewed resources.
Additional Instructions: Your assignment should be typed into a Word or other word processing document, formatted in APA style. The assignments must include
- Running head
- A title page with
- Assignment name
- Your name
- Professor’s name
- A reference page
McEwen and Wills (2011): Chapter 20
Wong, C., & Cummings, G. (2009). Authentic leadership: A new theory for nursing or back to basics? Journal of Health Organization and Management, 23(5), 522-38. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/14777260910984014
Click on the link above found in ProQuest to reach your required reading. If the link does not work, use the APA citation to locate the article within ProQuest on the Library Tab in Blackboard.
Leave a reply