Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Part 1: An important behavior of successful students pertains to establishing a weekly study schedule. This may sound overly elementary, but, to the contrary, high-performing college students know exactly every hour of their day/week and how they will use their time. As part of this week’s assignment, please complete the attached ‘study calendar’ and describe how you will use it in a Word document to prepare for this and next week’s assignments. That is, what exactly will you do tomorrow, this weekend, next Monday to breakdown your work into manageable pieces at the right pace? What are your most ideal times in the upcoming week, based on your calendar template, when will you have blocks of extended time to work on your Aspen courses and weekly assignments? It is best to make those days/times “significant and protected time,” time when there are no interruptions and you can totally focus on getting your school work done. Hold preciously to these time blocks for school work. If so, you will produce higher quality work and be less stressed as you earn your degree at Aspen. Utilize the Study Calendar found in the Writing Center for this process.
Part 2: To work on narrowing down your topic chosen in the discussion board, choose an Invention Strategy (clustering, listing, freewriting, or outlining) to brainstorm the subject you narrowed down.
- Complete the Invention Strategy you choose and attach your strategy work either in the same document of part 1 or submit as a separate file
- Conclusion paragraph: Answer these questions in a well-developed paragraph discussion. Which strategy did you chose, and why? How the strategy worked for you? Will you use it again in the future? (place into the Part 1 document labeled Part 2).
Length: Part 1 can be a list or a paragraph; Part 2 is the invention strategy work and conclusion paragraph answering the questions
Structure: Place all parts in one document if possible clearly marking them to show which part is being addressed; copy of invention strategy work can be uploaded as a separate picture/document or placed in the same document as a picture or list
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module 1.docx”)
Leave a reply