Ethics is the study of moral choices that conform to professional standards of conduct. Morals are rules of conduct based on standards of right and wrong. Etiquette is the prescribed code of courteous social behavior. Equity law is based on societies’ changing principles in the areas of ethics, morals, and conscience. Society has also added etiquette as being a social necessity.
Write an essay defining and describing the principles of ethics, morals, conscience, and etiquette as related to the medical office. Find and summarize at least1 peer-reviewed article for each of the 4 categories.
Your answers will vary regarding the articles found, but the descriptions should include the following ideas:
Ethics: the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics. (ethics. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved September 23, 2013, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ethics).
Morals: of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes. (morals. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved September 23, 2013, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/morals).
Conscience: capable of or marked by thought, will, design, or perception (Merriam-Webster’s Medical Desk Dictionary, 1996).
Etiquette: the code of ethical behavior regarding professional practice or action among the members of a profession in their dealings with each other: medical etiquette. (etiquette. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved September 23, 2013, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/etiquette).
Your paper must be 2–3 pages, use at least 4 peer-reviewed sources, must be written in current APA formatting, and incorporate a biblical worldview.
Answer the following questions in 1–2 pages (within the same document) in 12-point font and double-spaced. Format the paper in question and answer style. Answers should be in complete sentences and in your own words. Provide citations with specific answers and a reference list, at the end, in current APA format.
Use your textbook to learn more about Health Education as a profession. Visit NCHEC to answer the following questions:
1. What is the role of a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)?
2. How does one go about becoming a CHES?
3. Why is it important for a health educator to become certified?
4. What are the 7 responsibilities expected of health educators?
5. How do you see yourself fulfilling at least 1 of the responsibilities of health educators (even if you plan on a different career field)?
6. Browse the “job postings” tab to find CHES preferred/required job listings. Summarize a job description that looks interesting to you; explain why you are interested, and what more you would need to do to be eligible to apply. Add any further comments/questions you may have after exploring NCHEC and Health Education.
After reviewing the section on medical assisting in the course textbook, briefly describe the role of the medical assistant in today’s healthcare office. This section must be 5–6 sentences in length. How could training as a medical assistant be a valuable tool when pursuing advanced health careers (for example: physician assistant, nursing, or physical therapy)?
Leave a reply