For this project, you will write an essay that addresses 3 health behavior changes that you would like to make in your life in the next year, based on what you learned during this class. Describe your process for making those changes. The health behavior changes can be taken from any of the chapters we’ve studied — anything from starting an exercise regimen, to de-stressing some of your life, to losing weight, to implementing prevention steps against chronic disease.
You will need to upload a Microsoft Word document to include the following:
- Formatted: Double Spaced, 12 font
- 2-4 pages
- Create an “Introduction” listing out each of the 3 health behavior changes you’d like to make. Give a little background on WHY you want to make each of those changes (20 points)
- Create a ‘body’ section of the paper that discusses each of the 3 changes individually (60 points). Within each change, please:
- state what the health behavior change is,
- what you learned about it in the class, and
- why you feel you need to make it.
- Then describe your process for making that change… how are you going to make it happen?
- Be descriptive in this process. For instance, if your goal is to ” lose weight”, make sure that you give how much weight you want to lose and in what time frame (follow SMART goal concept from Chapter 1). Then describe exactly what steps you plan to take to accomplish it (what you will eat/what exercises, etc.)
Go through this process for each of the 3 health behavior changes you would like to make.
- Create a “Summary” where you wrap up the essay by discussing any final thoughts about these 3 changes and any barriers you think you might encounter and how you plan to overcome them (20 points).
You may also upload any file that supports your plan (diet log/special website information/etc.) to prove your points. Please take this project seriously, it is for your improved health and well being. It’s really not for me… it’s for YOU to get specific about the PROCESS for you to start changing. I hope this will help you to focus on what you need to do to be successful.
Some Rubric (1)Some Rubric (1)CriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDescription of criterionContains all assignment criteria.100.0 ptsFull Marks0.0 ptsNo Marks100.0 pts
Total Points: 100.0
Leave a reply