To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Resources pertaining to alternative therapies.
- Select one of the following areas where alternative therapies are being used:
- Cancer treatment
- Cancer symptom management
- End-of-life care
- Palliative care
- Find at least one scholarly journal article discussing alternative therapies in your chosen subtopic.
By Day 3
Respond to the following:
- Identify at least one challenge associated with the nurse’s role in providing alternative therapies for patient care.
- Explain how the nurse might integrate the use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) approaches in your chosen subtopic and discuss the ethical issues nurses may face.
- What are the main elements you would include in a teaching plan for nurses on the use of CAM in your chosen subtopic?
- What is the shared role of the nurse and patient in developing care plans?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
Note Initial Post: A 3-paragraph (at least 350 words) response. Be sure to use evidence from the readings and include in-text citations. Utilize essay-level writing practice and skills, including the use of transitional material and organizational frames. Avoid quotes; paraphrase to incorporate evidence into your own writing. A reference list is required. Use the most current evidence (usually ≤ 5 years old).