For the Unit 8 Assignment you will compose a 500 word essay based on your political ideology.
By now, you have gained some insight regarding political ideologies and how they are applied to American government. Now, you will turn your attention to yourself by determining your own political philosophy. Many Americans claim that they belong to a certain party, or follow a certain ideology, without ever taking the time to figure out if that assessment is really accurate. For this Assignment, you will want to explain the origins of the political ideology with which you are aligned. You will then consider how this ideology impacts you, and discuss its prospects for future political success. When you consider the origins of the ideology you chose, you will want to explain when, how, and why you identify with this particular ideology.
Within a 600 Word essay please include:
- An introduction.
- Were you surprised by the political ideology to which you belong? Why or why not?
- What are the origins of that political ideology?
- What are your ideology’s prospects for future political success? Do you anticipate that the percentage of adults/ registered voters aligned with the same political ideology as you are likely to increase or decrease in the near future?
- How might this ideological group impact political parties and elections?
- Support your answer(s) with information obtained from the text and at least two academic sources.
- A conclusion.
- Correct grammar and syntax
- APA format
The Assignment should be at least 600 words, and must use and cite the text and primary documents as sources. Cite the work internally and in full reference at the end, following APA style guidelines. Citation is important to build the definitions, demonstrate your research, and to make it clear which ideas are yours and which are from the source. Check with the KU Writing Center for APA style tips and assistance.
I typically feel that I am more liberal and democratic then republican even though I am in the active duty military