1. Which of the following balance sheet items generally takes the longest time to convert to cash?
(a). accounts receivable
(b). marketable securities
(d). accounts payable
2. A firm’s net income may be greater than its net cash flows because the firm
(a). did not pay dividends
(b). sold merchandise on credit
(c). deferred income taxes
(d). deducted depreciation expense
3. If Toronto Motors Had an EBIT of $22.5M, Interest of $7M and is taxed at an average rate of 32% what is their Net Income?
4. The average tax rate is
(a). the tax rate that is paid on the last dollar of income earned.
(b). always higher than the marginal tax rate.
(c). calculated by dividing the total taxes paid by the taxable income.
(d). none of these.
5. Which of the following is a tax deductible expense for a corporation?
(a). common stock dividends paid
(b). interest paid
(c). loan principal paid
(d). preferred stock dividends paid
6. Net cash flow
(a). is the same as a firm’s net income.
(b). is the difference between a firm’s operating cash flow and its financing cash flow.
(c). is the difference between a firm’s total expenses and total revenues.
(d). is the difference between a firm’s actual cash receipts and cash payments in a given period.
7. Use the following information to answer this question:
Increase in inventories $ 28
Purchased treasury stock $17
Purchased Property and equipment $18
Net income $330
Decrease in accrued income taxes $42
Depreciation and amortization $112
Decrease in accounts payable $10
Increase in accounts receivable $ 26
Increase in Long-term debt $10
(b). – $65
(c). – $83
(d). – $117
What was Hadlock Industries’ Cash Flow from Financing for the year ending 6/30/2011?