From the readings below select two texts and write a thesis-based Summary/Response Essay (from 1200 to 1500 words) in 4 pages composed of a summary of the main ideas of both texts and a response (your personal critique or evaluation of the author’s essay). It should:
- Explain your view about the rhetorical effectiveness and ideas of the two texts. Demonstrate an understanding of rhetorical concepts.
- Recognize the rhetorical strategies and stylistic choices made by both writers
- Summarize each (2) writer’s argument succinctly (in 150-250 words).
- Explain how each text tries to influence its readers rhetorically and how your comprehension of the text has expanded your thinking about its ideas
- Incorporate quotations, summary, and paraphrase using quotation marks, and MLA citation style.
These texts are available at http://writingspaces.org/volume2 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Format for Summary/Response Essays:
1. Present the summary in a block of paragraphs, followed by the response in a block:
Summary (two to three paragraphs)
Agreement (or disagreement)
Disagreement (or agreement)