- Helena María Viramontes, “The Moths” (Abcarian 1084-88)
Writing assignment (due , June 26 by 11:59pm in the “Assignments” tab):
- Reading response # 3 on “The Moths” (Answer the three “For analysis” questions on Abcarian 1088 in a minimum of 250 words in total)
“For Analysis” Questions (Abcarian 1088)
- Why do you think the observation that the narrator does not kiss people is repeated?
- Why is it important that the old person with whom the narrator connects is a woman and not a man?
- In what ways is the grandmother’s death important to the narrator? Why, when the narrator holds her body at the end of the story, does she say that she rocks “us”?