Task 3.3: E-commerce logistics
Assessment type: Written assignment
Description: Write a report on e-commerce logistics and the growth of integrated logistics to customers
Read carefully the information provided in “Additional Information” at the bottom of this brief. Develop a written report answering to the relevant questions.
Changing consumer buying patterns and digital platforms are accelerating online consumption, redefining business models across the globe. Last year, A.P. Moller – Maersk (Maersk) has announced the acquisition of Visible Supply Chain Management (Visible SCM), a business-to-consumer (B2C) logistics company focused on B2C parcel delivery and B2C fulfillment services in the US and B2C Europe a business-to-consumer logistics company focused on B2C parcel delivery services in Europe.
Both companies are well-established and recognised players in the E-commerce Logistics industry. According to Maersk “Maersk has set out to build strong E-commerce Logistics capabilities that will extend and reinforce our existing supply chain offering and create growth opportunities. By combining that with the operating models and value proposition of Visible SCM and B2C Europe, we will enable our customers to continue to develop their E-commerce offering, thus extending the scope and potential of our strategic partnerships”
In the context of the above develop a report answering the following questions:
- – define and analyze the e-commerce logistics industry
- – what is the role of integrated logistics to the growth of e-commerce?
- – what is the value proposition of a business-to-consumer logistics company such as Visible SCM and B2C Europe?
- – How such the services of “Visible SCM” and “B2C Europe” can help Maersk’s customers perform better
Your submission must meet the following formatting requirements:
- Submit one file(s) only.
- Required file format for main submission: PDF.
- Additional file format for additional deliverables: Not applicable.
- Additional file requirements: “None”.
- Font size 12
- Number of words: 1500
All refencing and citations require Harvard referencing style.
Leave a reply