In this assignment you will be presenting a real negotiation experience.
1) Choose a negotiation you were involved in either personally or through your business. It can be one you will be involved in as well.
Use the following as a guide to discussing your negotiation:
Preparing for Negotiations (Before you negotiate)
- An advantage to you – Don’t start any negotiation unless you can win something.
- Clarify your Aims – What do you want?
- Gather Information – Get facts and figures but not too much.
- Don’t go it alone – Build alliances.
- Get a BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) – Have a second-best deal waiting in the wings.
- Prepare the setting – Get home advantage if you can.
- Prepare yourself mentally – Increase your power by being ready.
- Worksheet and key points – Complete the worksheet and review the topic.
2) Prepare a Powerpoint
Leave a reply