A salesperson with intense passion can convince someone to make a purchase. On the other hand, an angry manager can prompt an unfair review (Lamia, 1). In this discussion, you find yourself in a workplace situation where you are a team leader. You are asked to help your team understand and manage their emotions at work. You mention your challenges to managing emotions among your team and your boss tells you to read an article about it.
- STEP 1: Read Lamia, Mary. December 31, 2010. Like it or not, emotions will drive the decisions you make today. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/intense-emotions-and-strong-feelings/201012/it-or-not-emotions-will-drive-the-decisions-you
- STEP 2: SCENARIO: Assume you are a team leader and your team is having an emotional response to an upcoming deadline. The deadline energizes and motivates some people and paralyzes others with anxiety and fear that they can’t meet the challenge.
- STEP 3: What is three things you can do as the manager to help your team MANAGE THEIR EMOTIONS and work together to meet the deadline?
- STEP 4: Use in-text citations for any ideas that you write about in your post that come from another source.
- STEP 5: Provide a source list with sources you used for this discussion.
Leave a reply