As our book touches on this week, brand identity plays an important role in positioning products and
companies in the minds’ of consumers. In gaining a deeper appreciation for the importance of
developing a positive brand identity and related marketing strategy, you are going to focus on the
globally recognized personal care products of Dove® and will address questions related to a real-world
case study on the Brand. For starters, you can discover more about the Brand by going to their website
at the following address: www.dove.com
You will then learn more about the marketing and branding challenges of Dove, by reading the case
study on page 224 – 225 of our ebook. Once you do this and complete your additional outside research,
address the following questions: (please note the questions here are slightly different than those in
the ebook and you should only address the questions that follow here.)
1. The Dove Real Beauty campaign used a unique message to successfully market its products, but
beneath that message was the effective understanding of basic marketing fundamentals. What
are those fundamentals?
2. As a result of its Real Beauty marketing campaign, Dove’s sales soared and it attracted many
new customers. What can the Company do to retain these customers?
3. If a brand is a promise, what does the Dove brand promise its customers?
4. What can a company that sells services, rather than commodities, take away from Dove’s
5. Building upon the business you would like to open up, what would differentiate your brand from
APA Requirements & 2 pages plus references