Reflecting on the film, City Rising, respond to these prompts:
- Provide a specific example of how each of the following community organizing/building methods was demonstrated in the film City Rising:
- Planning & Policy Practice
- Community Capacity Development
- Social Advocacy
- Next, select one of the aforementioned community organizing/building methods and describe how it is being used in one of the major social justice/civil rights movements that has occurred within the US in the past few years.
Now, think about Part I of the PowerPoint where we learned about health promotion programming and respond to this prompt:
- Identify one program/intervention on the Cal State LA campus (or virtually) that addresses a health, well-being, and/or student success issue among students and describe that program. If a link to a website for that program exists, please include it. For example, the Mind Matters program was highlighted in the PowerPoint as a program/intervention designed to support student well-being as a means of encouraging student success. (HINT: If you are new to campus or have not accessed many programs/interventions on campus, a quick search on the “Student Success” [https://www.calstatela.edu/student-success (Links to an external site.)] or “Campus Life” [https://www.calstatela.edu/campus-life (Links to an external site.)] sections of the Cal State LA webpage might be great places to start.)