Find a research article – Mobile technology preferred; but any technology topic is acceptable. A research effort is usually placed in the context of a “business problem” that can be understood in terms of carefully designed research questions; this allows for maximum research, understanding, and participation around resolving the problem.
Evaluation criteria – notice what specific research components (Title, Abstract, Method, etc.) are found in the article
- State the name of the article you found and that is being evaluated and who the author(s) is/are.
- What is this article about – talk about its context (what is the topic; its purpose, and significance to what/whom)?
- What components of a research format is included in this article?
- How does this format contribute to the purpose of the writing?
- Do the author(s) use this format in a way that furthers research – what other component(s), if any, might be helpful to that purpose?
Discuss the follow general guidelines in the course of evaluating:
- What makes research writing different than ordinary information/observation writing?
- Identify and explain major components of a research paper format.
- Why use peer-reviewed journals in research?
- Why are keywords used in the Abstract and during the Literature Review process?
- Why use/apply APA basic citation style in these writing assignments?
4-5 pages, Strict APA-7 citation format, 5 plus more peer reviewed references