You are a new member of a crime scene investigative (CSI) unit that is only a couple of months old. The Chief of Police asks you to create an introductory document for a new community outreach program. The goal is to help the community understand the different types of evidence and how they are used.
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Provide 5 examples of real or physical evidence that might require explanation in court by you because you are the one recording, recovering, processing, and packaging the evidence you recovered.
- Why is real or physical evidence important for the triers of fact (jury)?
- What is demonstrative evidence, and why is it used to clarify issues in trials?
- What is the difference between direct evidence and circumstantial evidence? Explain.
- What is the concept of overwhelming circumstantial evidence? Explain.
- Can circumstantial evidence be enough for a conviction? Why or why not?