The Crime Control versus Due Process Models of Criminal Justice:
Chapter 1 discusses two primary goals of American criminal justice:
- The need to enforce the law and maintain order.
- The need to protect people from injustice.
Post to an online discussion forum regarding these two goals.
Key issues for your posting should include:
- Which of the two goals is currently the primary focus of American criminal justice and why?
- Do you think the current situation is appropriate? Consider debating the relative importance of the two goals.
- Could the two goals be met simultaneously?
- Is Frank Schmalleger’s concept of crime control through due process realistic and possible?