In a brief essay describe Roger’s argument (Communication: Its Blocking and Its Facilitation) and focus specifically on counterarguments, concessions, and qualifiers. Use the following questions to help guide your thinking:
– What is the purpose of argument? How does the arguer want the audience to think and act differently?
– What promoted the argument? Why has the author bothered to make it?
– To what other argument is author responding? How does the writer analyze opposing or popular positons on th topic?
– What counterarguments are made? How do they impact the overall argument?
– What points are qualified? Which qualifiers are most important and Why?