Week 3: Article Research Paper and Discussion
Article Research Papers and Posting Assignments:
This is a graduate course and students will be expected to research and write papers summarizing in their own words what they have found on current topics from the weekly readings. Research is a theoretical review and application of a topic to a specific industry or field.
The research must be conducted using peer-reviewed trade or academic journals. While Blogs, Wikipedia, encyclopedias, textbooks, popular magazines, newspaper articles, online websites, etc. are helpful for providing background information, these resources are NOT suitable resources for this research assignment.
- To access the Article Research Paper and Posting Assignments, go to the “Discussion” tab, and click on the particular week’s assignment (Week 3).
- Choose a research topic from the chapter readings or from the weekly list provided by your professor.
- Research/find a minimum at least one (1), preferably two (2) different peer-reviewed articles on your topic from the University of the Cumberlands Library online business database. The article(s) must be current/published within the last five (5) year
- Write a three (3) to four (4) page double spaced paper in APA format discussing the findings on your specific topic in your own words. Note – paper length does not include cover page or References page.
- Structure your paper as follows:
- Cover pageAn example paper has been provided for students. Please review this paper thoroughly for structure and APA formatting.
- Overview describing the importance of the research topic in your own words
- Purpose of Research of the article in your own words
- Review of the Literature summarized in your own words
- Conclusion in your own words
- Personal Thoughts
- Attach your paper to the Discussion board by the Saturday due date (150 points).
- Read and respond to at least four (4) other student postings by the Sunday due date (20 points).
- Students will be asked to present their research findings (informally) during a weekly online collaborate session.
Leave a reply