HS450 Unit 7 Assignment – Techniques and Tools for Strategic Management in Healthcare
Course outcome assessed in this Assignment: ● HS450-4: Apply tools and techniques in the management of quality and performance in a healthcare setting.
● Explain how regulations impact health care organizations.
● Describe the policy and operational context of health care regulations.
● Explain how regulatory compliance will affect health care organizations’ strategic decision making.
● Formulate strategies to ensure regulatory compliance.
You have been appointed as lead project manager for the implementation of a new EHR system in a large multi- campus hospital system. The CEO and Board of Directors have asked you to provide information regarding the methods by which you will ensure successful adoption of the new information system. Please follow the instructions below in completion of this assignment.
1. Apply quality management tools.
a. Demonstrate the quality management tools that could be used as process control techniques.
b. Select three (2) quality management tools (e.g., control charts, Pareto charts, fishbone diagrams) and interpret their use for the CEO and Board of Directors.
c. Provide a visual example for each tool used.
d. Discuss the relationship between quality management and how changes in health care regulations impact internal policies, processes, and organizational structure.
2. Construct performance management measures.
a. Develop a plan to measure and management performance during the transition to the new EHR by preparing an executive summary on at least two (2) benchmarking techniques (e.g., productivity standards, report cards, dashboards, etc.).
b. Provide a visual example for each technique used.
c. Discuss the relationship between benchmarking and how changes in health care regulations impact internal policies, processes, and organizational structure.
3. Demonstrate workflow concepts.
a. Demonstrate workflow concepts that would assist in managing the transition to the new EHR system.
b. Examine at least two (2) workflow concepts (e.g., use cases, top down diagrams, swimlane diagrams, etc.) and provide a visual example of each.
c. Discuss the relationship between workflow concepts and how changes in health care regulations impact internal policies, processes, and organizational structure.
4. Apply project management techniques to ensure efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes.
a. Demonstrate project management techniques that you would use for the EHR transition — ensuring efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes.
b. Select at least two (2) techniques (e.g., Gantt charts, benchmarking, risk analysis) for interpretation.
c. Please provide an example of each and place in an executive summary.
d. Discuss the relationship between project management techniques.
● Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document.
● The body of your document should be at least 1500 words in length.
● Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
● Students must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources from the KU Library (http://library.kaplan.edu/onlinelibrary)
Pease this paper should be 1,500 words, strictly on topics, original, and well-detailed with 4 scholar APA references. No repeatation or grammer error. Read and follow all instructions and answer all questions accordingly.
Leave a reply