This assignment consists of three parts:
(1) Sample Selection
Recommend the steps that should be taken to draw the particular sample described below. Format your response as a procedure.
- A stratified sample of 75 doctors, 75 lawyers and 75 engineers who belong to a professional organization in that you belong to.
- A simple random sample of 150 subscribers to your local newspaper.
- A systematic sample of 250 subscribers from a subscriber list of a trade publication.
(2) A Priori Power Analysis
Download the G*Power software and then use the software to submit the following:
a. Calculate the estimated sample size needed when given these factors:
- one-tailed t-test with two independent groups of equal size
- small effect size (see Piasta, S.B., & Justice, L.M., 2010)
- alpha =.05
- beta = .2 (Reminder: Power = 1 – beta)
- Assume that the result is a sample size beyond what you can obtain. Use the compromise function to compute alpha and beta for a sample half the size.
- Indicate the resulting alpha and beta.
- Analyze the result and decide if the study should be conducted with a smaller sample size. Explain your rationale.
- In the context of Type I and Type II error.
- Include a visual of the G* Power output matrix.
(3) Intended Research Sampling Method
Describe the sampling method that would be appropriate for your intended research.
- Outline the problem statement, purpose statement, and research questions.
- Describe the population of interest (also referred to as the theoretical population).
- Identify the sampling frame to be used to recruit participants.
- List criteria to be met for an interested person to participate in the research study.
- Compute an estimated sample size.
- Describe the recruitment procedure that might be used to draw the actual sample.
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE G*POWER, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO THIS WORK.
Leave a reply