- Magretta, J. (2011). Understanding Michael Porter: The essential guide to competition and strategy. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. (read Chapter 6, The Amplifier)
- Lafley, A. & Martin, R. (2013). Playing to win: How strategy really works. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. (read Chapter 7, Think through Strategy)
Wk7: Article ReviewEach week students should review one article related to business strategy. The article can cover business strategy in fields like Finance, IT, HR, Accounting, etc.
Articles can be found in Business Source Complete or ProQuest Central.
The article text itself must be 1) at least 1,000 words (excluding title, bios, and any other related material), 2) peer-reviewed, and 3) published within the last five years. If you have any questions about using a particular article, please reach out to your professor. Article Review Instructions: In 500-800 words (including title and references) review the article as follows:
- First half – review of article contents, concepts, insights, and how it relates to business strategy
- Second half – application to your world
- Use at least one QCR (quotation, citation, reference) from the article itself
- Use at least one QCR from another source (can be a peer-review article or something from HBR, Fortune, Economist, or Wall Street Journal).
- Therefore, your references at the end of your article should have at least two entries.
- Title your review LastName_FirstInitialWk1AR
Every publicly-traded company has data sets that tell something about the organization. Some organizations have more data than others. Every public company has financials that provide data over time. In this week’s paper, pull together data on your company and create your own plan and sections to communicate that data and what it tells strategically about your company. Please include a cover page with your paper. Title your paper LastName_FirstInitialWk7SPA.