Your supervisor has asked you to create a training on homicide investigations for your coworkers. This training will be in two parts.
Part 1: Classification of Homicides
On one page, create a table to be a job aid comparing the different types of homicides. The table template is attached for both parts.
Part 2: Case Analysis
In the second part of your training, you will analyze a closed homicide case in your community or as close to your community as possible (In the state of South Carolina). In 2 pages, summarize the investigation into your selected case. Your analysis should:
- Describe the circumstances surrounding the case.
- Summarize the key factors that may have been used to classify the type of death and the finding.
- Analyze the ways that various environmental factors may have influenced the medical examination and autopsy in this investigation.
- Identify the forensic methods that were reported in the investigation and their findings.
- This may include methods like DNA, toxicology, hair and fiber evidence, fingerprints, or any other methods which contributed to the investigation.
- Recommend one way that the investigators or forensic team could have strengthened their case based on your understanding of it.
- Cite three references.
- References may be news articles that pertain to the case, and other court cases or rules that are referenced in the case.
Leave a reply