Your answers should be a minimum of three well-developed paragraphs (min 6-8 sentences each). Compose your answer in a document and attach it in as Word or PDF file. You should use MLA format (heading, spacing, font size, etc.). See the Resources section for MLA help.
Option 1. Video Game Explain a video game you play (whether through a game system or through a website or app) and answer the following questions:
1. Tell the name of the video game and describe the game (assume the person reading is not familiar with the game).
2. What are the ethical issues in the game? Is it a first-person game? As a player, what is the currency? Is it money, coins, lives, energy, etc.? Do you get more currency from being morally good or morally bad?
3. Revisit the digital textbook pages about Plato’s and Aristotle’s views of censorship (google it). They had different ideas about what is valuable to society and to an individual. What would each philosopher say about this game? Give a separate analysis for each.
Option 2. Movie/TV Show Choose a movie or TV series that you currently watch or have watched. Describe it and answer the following questions:
1. Tell the name of the series or movie. How did you watch it? Amazon Prime, Netflix, the theater, etc.? What do you like about the show or movie?
2. What are the ethical issues in the show or movie? Are there characters that are clearly morally good and morally bad, or are the characters a mixture of both? Are characters rewarded for doing good? Do they suffer consequences for morally bad actions?
3. Revisit the digital textbook pages about Plato’s and Aristotle’s view of censorship (pp. 79-85). They had different ideas about what is valuable to society and to an individual. What would Plato and Aristotle say about the show/movie? Give a separate analysis for each philosopher.