Assignment 1: Creating Your Own Restaurant
Due Week 4 and worth 300 points
Opening and operating your own restaurant can be an exciting and rewarding business venture. For this
assignment, you will design your own restaurant concept utilizing the knowledge you have gained so far
in this course.
Go to the United States Census Bureau’s Website, located at http://www.census.gov, to research
demographic information and maps for the location of your restaurant.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Create a concept / theme for your restaurant. Identify the key aspects of your concept / theme,
the ownership type, and the restaurant type. Provide a rationale for your decisions.
2. Outline the business plan for your restaurant. Include a description of your company, basic
market analysis, management structure, and financial risk assessment. Provide support for each
aspect of your business plan.
3. Identify the location of your restaurant, and examine the major advantages and disadvantages of
this location for your restaurant concept / theme. Include pertinent demographic information from
the United States Census Bureau Website to justify your chosen location.
4. Outline the restaurant’s menu. Specify both food and beverage options, and include a sample
layout of your menu in the report. Provide a rationale for your food selections.
5. Determine both the layout and equipment for your restaurant’s kitchen. Demonstrate the strategic
manner in which the kitchen layout and chosen equipment adequately support your menu
6. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
Leave a reply