complete a draft of your paper integrating the source material from your research and citing appropriately. Submit your paper to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Turnitin is integrated into the Dropbox. When you submit your paper, it will be run through the TurnItIn software, and you will be able to review your Originality Report soon after submission. If your TurnItIn score is not in the green range, be sure to make the appropriate changes as noted on the TurnItIn report.
For guidance on organizing your paper, refer back to the outline you created in Module 3 as well as any feedback you received on your outline.
You will want to review your work by using the checklist provided below:
- You have a single point that is conveyed through your thesis statement.
- Your paper makes a logical argument that can be supported with credible research.
- Your paper is well organized and you know your audience.
- You receive a TurnItIn report in the green range.
- You are able to understand your opposition, and you respond well to the claims of your opposition.
- You cite at least 6 reliable sources (8 in the Module 5 submission).
- You use correct in-text citations.
- Your references page is correctly formatted.
- You show a strong command of vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.
- Your paper is 6-8 pages not including the title and references pages.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Your paper makes a single, main point (a single claim that is not too broad, not too narrow, not a fact, and not a feeling) that is consistent with current research on the subject selected. Within your introduction paragraph, you have a thesis statement that clearly and concisely expresses your argument.|
|In your paper, all paragraphs directly relate to and support your thesis statement, and your argument is well organized. Your word choice and language level should show an awareness of audience.|
|Your TurnItIn report is in the green range or you have made the appropriate changes noted on the TurnItIn report to correct any deficiencies found.|
|You present and explain the strongest objections to your claim, and you reply appropriately to all objections.|
|You fully cite all source materials in the text of your paper that are not common knowledge or your own ideas.|
|Your references page fully cites all source materials used in your paper.|
|You have few spelling, punctuation, sentence, apostrophe, or homophone errors.|