Choose a work of visual art, in this same spirit, that was created between 1870 and 1930, anywhere in the world, which resonates with you personally.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper discussing how you would transform this image to make a strong personal statement using one of the following contemporary visual arts media:
Include the following information about the original work of art:
- Explain the influence of new technologies (above) on the visual arts.
- The name and nationality of the artist
- The media that was used
- Title of the original art work
- The date it was created
- A full verbal description and visual analysis of the work
- The aesthetic movement it represents
- The message it was intended to communicate
Include the following:
- Describe in detail the work you would create
- How you would create it
- The media, process, and materials you would use
- What your work would look like
- The message it would communicate
- Where it would be displayed
- Who would see it
- Explain fully how the message you intend relates to the message that was intended by the original artist.
Use the following supplemental resources:
- For The Judgment of Paris, see Fig. 48 in your textbook.
- For Le Dejuener sur l’herbe, see Fig. 47 in your textbook
- For Olympia, see Fig. 672 in your textbook
- For Portrait (Twins), Fig. 721 in your textbook
Leave a reply