Cross-Cultural Psychology Paper
Choose one of the case studies provided in the electronic readings for Week 1.
· Borrows, J., Williams, M., Schluter, P., Paterson, J., & Helu, S. L. (2011). Pacific Islands families study: The Association of Infant Health Risk Indicators and Acculturation of Pacific Island mothers living in New Zealand. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 42(5), 699-724.
· Brew, F. P., Tan, J., Booth, H., & Malik, I. (2011). The effects of cognitive appraisals of communication competence in conflict interactions: A study involving Western and Chinese cultures. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 42(5), 856-874.
· Lönnqvist, J. E., Jasinskaja-Lahti, I., & Verkasalo, M. (2013). Group-level and intraindividual stability of national stereotypes: A four-year logitudinal study on Ingrrian Finn immigrants’ pre- and postmigration stereotypes of a typical Finn. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 44(5), 765-785.
Write a1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze cross-cultural psychology. As a part of your analysis, do the following:
- Provide an overview of the case study.
- Use the case study to provide a definition and an example of cultural and cross-cultural psychology.
- Analyze the relationship between cultural and cross-cultural psychology.
- Discuss the methodology associated with cross-cultural research.
- Discuss how the case study helps you better understand how ethnicity, race, and worldviews are separate yet related concepts.
- Discuss how enculturation may play a role in the case study you have chosen.
Incorporate at least three credible, peer-reviewed references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Leave a reply