Unit 8 DB: Applying Knowledge (SOC101 Introduction to Sociology)
Moving forward, how will you apply what you have learned in this course? Are there things you can apply to your personal life? Professional life? Future courses? What topics were most interesting to you?
Unit 8.1 DB: Do I conform? (PSY101 Fundamentals of Psychology)
In Asch’s study referenced above, answer the following questions:
- How is the principle of conformity examined?
- When and why do you think the subject in the experiment began to “second guess” himself?
- What are some of the circumstances in the experiment which contribute to “conformity”?
- Why do you think some participants would be more likely to conform than others?
- There are many reasons why people conform. Were you ever in a situation where you had to conform? Why did you feel the need to conform?
Be sure to provide an APA citation for any resource used as reference in your post.
Unit 8.2 DB: My Career (PSY101 Fundamentals of Psychology)
Throughout this course, you developed a knowledge base in psychology that may help you decide the direction of your future career. Which content area(s) do you think will be most helpful to you in your future (or current) career? How will you apply some of the knowledge you gained in this course to your career? Refer to the APA website on careers in psychology to help you answer these questions.
Leave a reply