Week 4 – Training and Development in Small Businesses
Training and Development in Small Businesses
Select a small business with which you are familiar. Imagine that you have been called into that business to provide a consultation on training. Create a comprehensive training proposal for the business.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Analyze key elements of training and development geared toward improving the performance of the specific small business for which you are consulting.
- Predict 3–5 potential challenges that the managers or owners of the business could face in addressing organizational performance.
- Justify the effects of detecting organizational gaps in small business, providing examples to explain the rationale.
- Propose a competitive training strategy that will improve the position of the business in the market. The strategy should include, at a minimum, an agenda of training activities, rationale for instructional strategies used, and the return on investment (ROI) that will be gained from the strategy you have developed.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a training and development proposal for a small business that includes strategies to improve organizational performance and the position of the business in the market.
Leave a reply