Mobile App Part 1 (Work Breakdown Structure)
This assignment contains two (2) deliverables: a summary document to be delivered in a word processor document format and a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to be delivered in a project file.
Imagine that you work as the project manager for an IT department. Your organization has recently approved the development of a mobile application. As the project manager, you will manage the development of the project. The project will include user experience (UX) design by a consultant, graphic design by a team of two contracted designers, and in-house application development by a team of three (3) programmers and a database developer.
Deliverable 1: Summary (MS Word or open source equivalent)
- Write a one to two (1-2) page summary document in which you:
- Summarize the project requirements and other assumptions (i.e., budget, human resources, workload, environmental dependencies, etc.).
- Define a work breakdown structure and describe the methodology behind constructing one.
Deliverable 2: WBS (MS Project or open source equivalent)
- Use Microsoft Project or an open source equivalent to create a WBS which addresses the following:
- Contain at least five (5) main tasks, one (1) for each of the PMBOK® process areas.
- Contain at least thirty (30) line items distributed in five (5) or more work packages.
- Contain Work Breakdown Structure Code for each task.
- Present duration estimates for each task that results in a duration estimate for the project not to exceed the requirements described in the overview.
Deliverable one (1) of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain and apply the phases of the project management life cycle.
- Develop processes that initiate technology projects, including project selection and defining project scope.
- Analyze and develop project schedules with appropriate techniques and software tools.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about Information Technology Project Management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Leave a reply