For this assignment, you will choose a recent movie, television show, or book that you will examine using themes and concepts learned in this course. Choosing a favorite or particularly meaningful book or movie will help to make the assignment more enjoyable. You are not limited to any genre; the artifact may be current or older and could be cross cultural, such as a film from another country.
- Select an artifact. Your instructor will let you know if you should submit your choice for approval and may provide a list of artifacts for you to choose from, as well.
- explain how specific sociological concepts covered in the course are illustrated in your artifact.
- You do not have to choose to illustrate concepts from a specific module; any of the module content from Modules 1- 6 may be covered.
- If needed, include a short synopsis of the movie, book, or TV show to provide foundation for the analysis.
- Do not try to analyze too many concepts in your artifact; 4-5 concepts are sufficient for the time allowed
- Cite your work.
Here are a list of possible tv shows/movies you can use for your presentation: PICK ONE
American History X
Remember the Titans
Iron Jawed Angels
The Cosby Show
Sex and the City
Everybody Loves Raymond
Being Mary Jane
Crazy Rich Asians