You have just taken on a new role as a marketing manager for a new hospital in Ajo, Arizona. There is one other hospital in town, but it is 67.3 miles from the center of town, making it difficult for many residents to get to. The new hospital, Ajo Medical Center (AMC), will be much more accessible to a number of people who live further in town. As you prepare to take on this role, watch the following video clips on branding and marketing. You will use the content of the videos to consider how the practices of Moving Brands might be applied to the marketing strategy of Ajo Medical Center. Watch the following video case study clips:
The CEO of AMC has asked you to create a 4–6 page proposal in which you provide a competitive marketing entry strategy and a communication strategy and suggest marketing research tools for the new hospital. Your proposal should include the following items:
- A market analysis (SWOT or otherwise) to determine the best approach for the market entry.
- An overview of the marketing entry strategy you are proposing based on the information gathered in your analysis and concluding with how your hospital differentiates itself from the existing hospital in town.
- An overview of the communication strategy you are proposing, also based on information gathered during your analysis.
- A list of suggested marketing research tools and why those tools would be a good fit for use at AMC.
Keep in mind that this proposal is for the CEO, so the proposal should also:
- Contain accurate and clearly written information.
- Be professional in appearance.
- Use headings.
- Incorporate colors and/or graphs and charts as appropriate.
- Use 4–5 sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source slide at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- A resources page at the end of the proposal, cited using the Strayer Writing Standards format. Note that these pages are not counted as part of the 4–6 page requirement.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment:
- Propose competitive marketing entry strategies, communication strategies, and marketing research tools for health care organizations.
A SWOT analysis of AMC’s market position reveals the following strengths:
- Proximity to many residents in town
- New, modern facilities
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment
- Lack of established reputation and brand recognition
- Limited experience in the healthcare market
- Smaller size compared to the existing hospital in town
- Growing population and demand for healthcare services in Ajo
- Potential partnerships with local businesses and organizations
- Opportunity to establish a strong reputation as a high-quality healthcare provider
- The existing hospital in town with a well-established reputation
- Potential competition from other hospitals entering the market
- Economic downturn and potential reduction in healthcare spending
Based on this analysis, AMC’s best approach for market entry is to focus on establishing a strong reputation as a high-quality healthcare provider through excellent patient care and service. This will differentiate AMC from the existing hospital and help to attract patients and build brand recognition.
Marketing Entry Strategy
Our proposed marketing entry strategy for AMC is to focus on building a strong reputation as a high-quality healthcare provider. This will involve implementing a comprehensive patient care and satisfaction program, partnering with local businesses and organizations to promote AMC’s services, and investing in marketing and advertising efforts to raise awareness of AMC in the community.
One key way that AMC will differentiate itself from the existing hospital is by focusing on patient-centered care. This will involve implementing processes and procedures that prioritize patient satisfaction, such as providing clear communication about treatment options and involving patients in their own care decisions. Additionally, AMC will invest in state-of-the-art technology and equipment to provide the highest quality care to patients.
To promote AMC’s services and build brand recognition, we will partner with local businesses and organizations to co-brand and cross-promote our services. This will involve forming partnerships with businesses and organizations in the community that share AMC’s commitment to high-quality healthcare, such as local fitness centers and wellness organizations. By partnering with these organizations, AMC will be able to reach a wider audience and promote its services to potential patients.
In addition to these efforts, we will invest in marketing and advertising to raise awareness of AMC in the community. This will involve creating marketing materials, such as brochures and posters, and placing ads in local newspapers and on radio and television. We will also utilize social media to engage with potential patients and promote AMC’s services.
Our proposed communication strategy for AMC is to focus on providing clear, consistent, and transparent communication to patients, employees, and the community. This will involve implementing a comprehensive communication plan that includes clear messaging and messaging guidelines, as well as regular communication with patients and employees.
One key aspect of our communication strategy will be providing clear, concise messaging that effectively communicates the value and benefits of AMC’s services. This will involve developing messaging that is easy for patients to understand and that clearly explains the advantages of choosing AMC for their healthcare needs. Additionally, we will create messaging guidelines that ensure consistent communication across all channels and stakeholders, including patients, employees, and the community.
Another important aspect of our communication strategy is regular communication with patients and employees. This will involve providing regular updates and information to patients about their care and treatment